New video lessons on blogging have been added to the Take Control of Your Internet Marketing training. These lessons are part of Module Four, Take Control of Your Message and Build Your Authority.
Blogging is a vital part of an internet marketing strategy for four reasons:
A well optimized blog will give those potential customers the information they’re looking for to make a buying decision. If the product or service they are seeking, your product or service, is linked to your blog, you’ve increased your chance to make that sale.
2. People, potential customers, learn to trust the businesses that give them the best information about the product or service they are researching.
You build your authority as a knowledgeable and trustworthy business owner by giving good, detailed information about what you do or sell.
Business owners not familiar with the philosophy behind blogging and content marketing might worry that they will lose business by giving too much away free. They may be concerned that by teaching a skill they sell, people will do it themselves rather than buying their services! The reality is, that doesn’t happen. We’ll show you examples in the training videos.
3. Blogging helps to build a relationship with the people who find your information and blogging style useful and interesting.
Internet marketing is all about attracting and building a relationship with people who are or could become your customers. You’ll discover in these blogging lessons how useful all the work is that you have done in past modules.
You will be using the work you did in Module Two to identify and profile your Perfect Customer. You will easily integrate a blog into the website you created in Module Three. You will see how valuable this new tool is in expanding the relationships you started with your work to show up on review sites and local business pages in Module One.
You’ll begin to see first hand how all these pieces fit together to create a comprehensive internet marketing strategy.
4. Blogging is an easy way to keep the content on your website fresh for search engines.
Google loves blogs. Blogging shows Google and the other search engines that you have a regularly managed and updated website. A well optimized blog post is individually indexed, giving you another doorway into your website. Each new post gives you an additional way to attract visitors – potential customers.
The lessons are designed to make it simple and doable to accomplish something that many people find difficult – writing 300 to 500 words on a single topic.
I stress 300 to 500 words to help you think of this as a short writing effort, but many of you will get started blogging and find you have much more to say! You might even find that like me, you love blogging!
I show you a way to pick your topic and write your headline that will make the actual writing much easier. You’ll know exactly what you want to cover and how to rapidly churn out an interesting, informative post.
Then you’ll be reminded of the the formatting techniques taught in Module Three, this time focusing on capturing the attention of a skimming blog reader.
“Why wait for this important information until Module Four?” you might ask.
As those of you who are members have discovered, going through the video lessons is building your competence as a master internet marketer.
- You have seen immediate results from your work in Module One.
- You accomplished some of the vital preparatory work of targeting your customer and building some internet competence in Module Two.
- You created and populated your home base, the centerpiece of your internet strategy in Module Three.
- And now, in Module Four we’re expanding and refining your skills by focusing on ways to enhance the relationships you’ve created in past lessons.
And, you’ve still had time for all the other demands on a small local business owner!
Cartoon by Dave Coverly at Speedbump.com